[pcductape] Re: Can anyone tell me what this means?

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:49:40 -0800

* How to tell if a Microsoft security-related message is genuine *
Microsoft regularly sends e-mail to subscribers of our security e-mail
notification services when we release a Microsoft Security Bulletin.
Unfortunately, malicious individuals have been known to send bogus bulletins
that appear to be coming from Microsoft, a tactic known as spoofing. Some of
these messages lure recipients to malicious websites to download malicious code,
while others include a file attachment containing a virus.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp