[pcductape] Re: Can anyone tell me what this means?

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:44:28 -0500

Hi Pam,

  Thanks.  I wasn't sure. It's probably some spyware. I'm using Windows
XP Home Edition.  I know I have some spyware on my computer.  I ran
Norton Antivirus the other day and came up with like 5 different things.
I looked up each thing to see how to get rid of them, and can't get rid
of them.  It says there should be something under Add/Remove programs to
uninstall these things, but there isn't.  The ones that it says I have
are these:

NewDotNet (which I've gotten rid of, because I found the uninstall file)

Cydoor
WhenU
Keenval
IGetNet

I can't get  rid of the last four.  I even ran Adaware (that's how I
found the NewDotNet).
I bought RegVac, too ( my trial ran out) and hoped that would help, but
it didn't get rid of them.
I'm afraid to mess with the registry.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Lisa