[pcductape] Re: CD Rom doesn't show up under MyComputer or under Hardware

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 00:29:53 -0500

Hi Sandi,

  It's a new computer- Gateway with Windows XP. Nothing was happening;
no light came on, nothing was being read in the drive, and it didn't
show up under My Computer or under Device Manager. Funny thing is - it
was showing up before. I don't know if I clicked on something to make it
go away by accident or what. I tried to reboot a few times, still didn't
come back. But my husband told me the next day after completely shutting
down the computer and turning it on again, it came back. Does that make
any sense?

Lisa