[pcductape] Re: Buffer Underrun ?

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:12:24 -0500

Hi Scott,

  I do have an older drive  - the computer is about 3 or 4 years old
now.  It's a Sony VAIO and here are some specs, if it helps:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name     VAIO
System Manufacturer     Sony Corporation
System Model    PCV-RX370DS(UC)
System Type     X86-based PC
Processor       x86 Family 15 Model 0 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~1296 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date       Award Software, Inc. ACPI BIOS Revision 1002,
12/26/2000
SMBIOS Version  2.3
Total Physical Memory   384.00 MB
Available Physical Memory       55.89 MB
Total Virtual Memory    1.28 GB
Available Virtual Memory        706.74 MB

I did close down some things running in the background, but I kept
Norton Internet Security and Virus Scan running.  I just defragged last
week, so that should be ok.  I haven't tried to burn a CD in safe mode -
not sure if that would work. Do you think I should get a new CD Burner?
BTW, it says available physical memory 55.89 MB - how can that be if I
have 384 mb ram? Thanks.

Lisa