[pcductape] Beautiful World and Hurricanes Formerly :RE: Re: FYI: A new cd for winxp ( you make it yourself )

  • From: "bill wingler" <bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:53:41 -0400

Hi Eric,

I know why you don't have hurricanes there.  They all start as small tropical
depressions off the coast of Africa.  By the time they get accross the Atlantic
they are madder than H___ and ready to create havoc.  A couple years ago three
of them hit North Carolina (my state) in one summer.  Now Florida has been hit
by three and the remnants have come up through the mountains of North Carolina
(where I live) with lots of wind and rain.  Frances dumped about 12 inches of
rain on us with lots of flooding - washed out roads/bridges and blew over lots
of trees.  Then came Ivan with stronger winds but not as much rain, but still
destructive flash flooding.  My brother lives near Pensacola, Florida, which
took the brunt of Ivan.  He says he never wants to see another one.

In spite of all this we still live in a beautiful world don't we?  Take
care........  Bill