[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed -- David

  • From: B4Wingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:37:25 EST

David, I went to the site you suggested and the Winbook that is for sale at
Sam's Club appears to be the J4-731.  However, when I try to personalize it
to match the same configuration at Sam's Club, it drops down (for no known
reason) to a Pentium 4 2.0 gig processor, rather than the 2.4, and is priced
there at $1448.00.  I can get a better configuration match by selecting the
J4-732, but that's not the correct model.... go figure.

Thanks to you and everyone who responded for all your help

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:11:21 -0600
From: "David L. Gabler" <dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

At 09:03 PM 2/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I am strongly considering buying a laptop computer.  Most all my
>experience is with desktops, so I would like everyone's input on the pros,
>cons and pitfalls.
>My local Sam's Club has a Winbook, 2.4 gig Pentium 4 , 40 gig HD, 512 MB
>DDR, 56k, for about $1200.00 US.  From what I have seen this is a great
>Any comments/recommendations will be appreciated.
>Bill Wingler

Hey Bill,
Sounds very good indeed, but could you go here:
and let us know exactly which series and model number of the unit that
SAM'S has for sale at that price?

David L. Gabler
1719 Lindy Lane
Conroe, Texas 77301-4019