[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

  • From: Wabcd@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:44:49 EST

Trapper, occasionally, even if by mistake, the US gov does something
sensible.  There is a Federal mandate on cell phone providers to route all
911 cell calls as well as calls to the highway patrol - <*HP> here in North
Carolina but different in other states.

As for signal strength I don't think mountain height necessarily makes any
difference in signal strength.  Neither does line of sight.  I live in the
mountains and can see the towers of a cell site but cannot get a call
through.  I think they use directional antenna and can eliminate a specific
area at their whim.

Satellite phones would be our solution.  Maybe someday they will be small and
affordable.....

Bill