[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:44:22 -0500

No Pic's,however, it is a simple setup. All it is is an invertor (wattage
needs to be determined for what you are going to run) that you can hardwire
(which I did at first with a thousand watt unit) then determined I wanted
flexability of removing so installed a 350 or 400 watt invertor that just
plugs into cig lighter and a power strip is plugged into that. I then just
plug the ac cords into the strip for laptop, printer, camera etc. and as a
precautionary measure I carry a battery pack to jump the vehicle if I forget
to turn things off. It runs my gps which allows me to always know where I am
and I do not have to stop and ask directions or look at a map. I travel and
make house calls from Maine to South Carolina, I stop at houses in Long
Island and do not have to ask for directions, its cool.
As far as the van you are converting you could have a built in battery
charger that you could run an ac cord to that would make sure your battery
is fully charged also.