[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:15:02 -0800

I could see that 911 would still work in that case, if one can get a cell.

The satellite stuff is likely more then you would to spend for the equipment and
the use. It needs to come way down for us types to use it, but it is the only
thing that would work.

Cells have limits on their power, so they only go so far. So, it doesn't matter
how high you might get sometimes.  Cells don't go over mountains well.
Say there is one mounted over a town on a mountain with higher mountains in the
back, toward the wilderness. the cell wouldn't be available anywhere on the
other side of that mountain.