[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:12:38 -0500

One thing to remember is that most laptops will be a little slower then a
workstation, not that noticeable unless you are a power user, the info you
provided is good, however, not knowing your setup, you would need a modem
and a NIC and most now have them built in. USB 2.0 is getting ready to come
out in notebooks also. USB 1.1 is 77MBPS and 2.0 is 480MBPS, you can
purchase a pcmcia usb2.0 card to give you this ability if your motherboard
doesn't support 2.0. A lot of the manufacturer's are not providing software
with their machines now of which winbook is one. I don't like this, however,
HP, Compaq and a lot of the others are doing it. Good Luck, Dave