[pcductape] Re: Advice Needed

  • From: "B" <rkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:28:18 -0600

Hi Bill...All I use are laptops....my 1st was an IBM Thinkpad purchased in Jan
1998....Have had very few problems with it.  The 2nd was a Compaq Pressario,
purchased in Nov 99.  Had touchpad replaced 3 times under Compaq's warranty and
Best Buy's extended warranty.  Hard drive died right after 3 yr extended
warranty ran out.  Thank goodness had IBM for backup.  Will not purchase
another Compaq.  My main laptop now is a Sony Vaio, purchased in March 2002.
So far, no complaints.  Came with a lot of bells and whistles I don't use.  I
like the touchpad much better than the little finger knob IBM calls the mouse.
Check Sam's against Best Buy....maybe they will match.  I am not familiar with
Winbook, though.  Good luck!!