[pcductape] ActiveX Control Pad

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:43:28 -0500

Hi Guys,

Well...I did it again.   I've jumped into something I know little about and
now I don't know which way to turn.   My daughter has a Windows xp home unit
connected to the Internet via cable and she uses it daily for work.   Three
days ago she began to experience an inability to access the Internet via
Internet Explorer but could send and receive email via Microsoft Outlook.
So, I go over and look at her system and noticed that she has IMess
installed.   I uninstalled it and also deleted all her temp files & cookies.
I rebooted and the unit now will access the Internet;  the offender was
IMess.

Now, a new problem has reared it's ugly head.   She goes to housecall
website to check for virus while online and she gets a message that it no
can do because ActiveX is not installed.    We discovered this is also true
at her bank website and some others, like marykay.com.    I checked all the
properties of Internet Explorer and I cannot see where to install ActiveX.
So, I downloaded and installed ActiveX Control Pad.    Now what do I do?