[pcductape] Re: Action .....RE:Question about Photo program.

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Spitz <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:08:19 -0500

Hi Ray,

RS> Vic, Sandi, Scott

RS> OK folks. Logic and common courtesy dictate that when a person (that's me)
RS> goes to the list with a query, and receives a concensus opinion (that's
RS> you), then he (that's me) would be well served to act on the advice given.
RS> So, I'll go ahead and get the MDAC file and install the Photo program.
RS> Thanks for the help.

If you haven't installed it yet, you can check to see what version you
already have with this tool:

Apparently it doesn't come standard with Windows 95, and the very
oldest OEM versions of Windows 98 don't have it, but all newer
versions of Windows do have it already.  IE 5 and MS Office come with
MDAC.

So, unless you have Windows 95 AND a version of IE less than 5, you
have some version of MDAC already.

The frustrating thing is theat there seems to be no single page that
you can go to which tells you all of the components available.  You
pretty much have to know already about IE, ADO, JET, MDAC, DCOM,
Windows Scripting,  etc.

--Scott.