[pcductape] Re: Access denied by access control list

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott McNay <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:40:11 -0500

Hi,

Thursday, August 5, 2004, 7:48:03 AM, I wrote:

SM> I'm getting this error message in IE:

SM>  Forbidden
SM>  You were denied access because:
SM>  Access denied by access control list.

A friend of mine finally found a site (and sent the page to me) which
suggested checking the proxy settings, and sure enough, that was it;
probably the only thing under Internet Options that I hadn't checked.
Apparently access to ALL sites goes through the proxy server, even for
HTTP:\\LOCALHOST. As it happens, I'd tested a full-install file for
IE6SP1 earlier in the day. I didn't realize at the time, but it was an
IEAK-created installation package from work, and had custom IE
settings.

--Scott.