[pcductape] Access denied by access control list

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:48:03 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm getting this error message in IE:

 You were denied access because:
 Access denied by access control list.

I get this message no matter what, even for web pages at \\localhost.
Other internet-capable applications (which apparently use HTTP) do not
work either. Viewing web pages directly on my hard drive work fine. I
only have a single restore point, for some reason. Attempting to
install XP SP2 RC2 fails with a couple of errors. I can't find my
installation archive for Firefox. So, basically, all the usual means
of fixing are unavailable or not easily accessible.

The one HTTPS site that I tried works fine, interestingly. Accessing a
web page at a non-standard port doesn't work.

Any ideas?