[pcductape] Re: AVG 7.0 FREE Problems.

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bill wingler <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:15:47 -0600

Hi bill,

Saturday, November 13, 2004, 11:48:16 PM, you wrote:

bw> I downloaded and installed AVG 7 Free version.  Everything works fine until
bw> I reboot my computer.  I get to the point where Windows XP SP2 is
bw> displaying the flash screen while loading.  During the loading process I
bw> get a split second display of XP's blue screen which usually says the
bw> computer has been shut down to prevent damage.  This blue screen is
bw> displayed for such a short time that I cannot read anything.  My computer
bw> at this time restarts, gets to the same point of loading Windows and the
bw> same thing happens over and over.  I can boot into Windows Safe Mode and
bw> even run AVG.  I did a complete virus scan and came up clean. After
bw> uninstall of AVG my computer boots and runs fine.  There is some conflict
bw> with AVG but I can't isolate it.

Go to Control Panel, open System.  Go to the Advanced tab, then go to
the Startup and Recovery Settings button.  Turn off "Automatically
restart".  Next time the blue screen happens, you should be able to
read what it says.