[pcductape] AVG 7.0 FREE Problems.

  • From: "bill wingler" <bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:48:16 -0500

I downloaded and installed AVG 7 Free version.  Everything works fine until
I reboot my computer.  I get to the point where Windows XP SP2 is
displaying the flash screen while loading.  During the loading process I
get a split second display of XP's blue screen which usually says the
computer has been shut down to prevent damage.  This blue screen is
displayed for such a short time that I cannot read anything.  My computer
at this time restarts, gets to the same point of loading Windows and the
same thing happens over and over.  I can boot into Windows Safe Mode and
even run AVG.  I did a complete virus scan and came up clean.  After
uninstall of AVG my computer boots and runs fine.  There is some conflict
with AVG but I can't isolate it.

Since AVG 6.0 is going away, I'd sure like to be able to use the 7.0
version.  Any suggestions?