[pcductape] A little irritated

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:31:46 EST

I'm a liitle irritated at the print/laser cartridge company, PrintPal and I
thought I would pass on my experience to others.
Several months ago I ordered a print cartridge for my granddaughter's
printer, a HP Deskjet-500.  I received a print cartridge back which was for
HP's 430/700 series and of course it was the wrong size.  I sent several
E-mails to printPal, asking them to mail me the correct cartridge and send me
a mailer so I could return the incorrect cartridge.  I did get one call from
a customer service rep who told me the I had ordered cartridge #HP-51645A and
that is what was shipped.  I tried to explain the the rep that I didn't order
by NUMBER - - - I had ordered by PRINTER MODEL.  The rep told me that I would
have to mail back the cartridge so a replacement could be sent to me.  I
asked for a "mailer" package so that I wouldn't be charged for the additional
postage - - - after all, it was THEIR MISTAKE not mine.  The rep said no!
I contacted my Credit Card company and asked that they refund my money.  They
answered that I must return the cartridge, (and PrintPal must acknowledge
receiving it) before I could expect a refund.
I am mailing back the incorrect cartridge, at my expense and hopefully I'll
get my money back.  A lot of trouble I know - - - but the principle is what
bothers me.
Matt, in Jupiter