[pcductape] Re: A lesson learned

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:59:14 +0200

Trapper,

This is the way we do it where I work - and IMHO the only way to do it ,
meaning - the correct way - no pirated software, only buying from
certified vendors and if you are buying for a large group of computers
buying a license for whatever number of computers you need [normaly
batches of 100], no installing of software by employees only by
administrators of the company and so on. In short - because we , the
administrators, are the only ones installing software and we make sure
that all the cd's - downloads and updates are kept in one place on our
network, there are hardly any hassles when we have to go fix a comp or
when we set-up a new comp. Besides that each and every comp is logged
and specified in a couple of huge lists in a data base, 1 second and we
have the info about a particular comp and what is on it at our
fingertips.

TTFN – Vic

  _____