[pcductape] Re: 20's

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carl <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:41:42 -0600

Hello Carl,

Tuesday, December 31, 2002, 6:03:08 AM, you wrote:

C> Thanks for your explanation of how =20's are made.   Which choice should an
email list use when we send and receive messages.   For example, when we go
tools, options, send, HTML Settings, we will
C> see the window :
C> MINE message format, Encode Text using:
C> and our choices are: None, Quoted Printable, Base 64.
C> Which one do we use?    What does Base 64 do?

With ANY mailing list, you should turn HTML *off*, since you have no
way of knowing if the folks on the other end have an email program
that will even support HTML.

Not to mention, it'll make the Freelists people happier to due to the
*MUCH* reduced bandwidth that THEY are paying for out of THEIR own
pocket.  You're not so rude as to waste THEIR money, are you?

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx