[passcoalition] Update, Matt

  • From: "Karen Gourgey" <kgourgey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:10:32 -0500

Hi All,

Got a call from Commissioner Sapolin yesterday.  He is anxious to move
forward with adapting the prioritization tool.  Also, he asked pretty
directly that we work with him and that we and his office approach DOT as a
united front.  He has asked for a meeting next Wednesday with me and Gene to
work out the tool and then strategize on a way forward.  I also received the
famous list of aps requests that DOT has.  They sent it to Matt, and then he
sent it to me.  (and, I can't send it out till Monday due to a network
outage at Baruch today.) Matt said in our conversation that he's committed
to moving on the other issues we have, but that he wants to get a little
traction on the APS's first, and he asks us to try this strategy with him.
I told him I for one would be willing to try this.  I think his idea is to
present some places for DOT to start and just keep feeding them direction  .

So, are you all willing to have us try to work with him?    He seems really
to want to try and seems to be asking us to give his way a chance.  Please
let me know what you think  Also, that meeting is 2:00, possibly running
till 4:00.  Does anyone have an interest in coming?

Thanks and talk soon.

Karen

Karen