[pasmembers] Re: Washington school Friday Mar 2 Winds

  • From: insanas@xxxxxxx
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:14:48 -0500 (EST)

Terri, NOAA indicated 16 mph winds with gusts to 24 mph until 8 pm, then only
13 mph winds. It may be possible to set up just south of the school buildings
since the winds are to be out of the north. That may give us somewhat of a wind
break. The main objects we will be looking at are the moon, jupiter, venus and
orion nebula, so a blocked Northern view won't hurt. We will have problems
polar aligning, but with 500 people, we will probably only have one object per
scope and they will be easy to find. If you decide to go ahead, we need to make
sure all our scopes that rsvp'd will show. I don't want another year like last
year when Frank and I were the only scopes with 500 people, it was very
stressful. I am willing to try it tonight, but everyone needs to commit. If
there is swirling dust, we just won't unload the cars.  Anyway, let everyone
know if it is cancelled or not. Take care, Sam