[pasmembers] Re: PAS Officer Positions - Officer Elections May 11 2017

  • From: Leah S <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:01:56 -0700

isn't the Vice President a sort of co-president? if not, what is the role of Vice President?

On 3/22/2017 1:10 PM, Terri wrote:

Good morning PAS Members,

For the May issue of our newsletter, I think it would be great to get some info on who would like to run for an officer position within PAS for next year. If you are interested in changing position, taking a position, or maybe a directorship, please write a little about yourself and why you feel you can fill that position, and send it to me for the May issue of the newsletter. The deadline will be April 1st. And NO, this is NOT a joke, just in case Apr 1st meant something to you. : )

Send them over. Let's see if we can get some interested PAS members to be our Officer's for this next year. Here's a list of the positions you might consider taking:

President - Currently Sam Insana but Sam has requested to step down from this position

Vice President - Currently that is Alex. I haven't heard if he wants to keep his position or give it up. Maybe he will write something for the newsletter letting everyone know why he wants to keep the Vice President position for one more year.

Editor - Currently this is Don and he is doing a super job of being Editor, however, I know he would be willing to let someone take this position from him.

Meeting Host - Rodney is our current Meeting Host and doing a spectacular job of that position.

Treasurer - Currently Eric. I haven't heard if he wants to give up his position or not.

Secretary - Kevin is our Secretary and has been doing a fine job of the many facets that come along with this position. I haven't heard from him either, as to if he wants to pass this position on to anyone, but if you are interested in the position of Secretary, I'm sure we can work something out.

Someone suggested a Co-President position, but we would have to vote on this before it can become a position within PAS and then add it to the By-laws. But, i like the idea. Why not have a position to help the President, as that is a challenging position to fill.

For directors we have:

Members at Large
Currently: Bruce is one of the Members at Large and he has one more year to his term.
And Jenny is the other MAL and she can choose to take it again or give up the position to someone else.

Event Manager is a directorship currently and Terri has that position (yea, that's me). I dont' think anyone wants my position.

That covers our main Officer/Director positions that will be voted on at the May 11th meeting. So, if you wish to run for one of these positions, send a nice little paragraph my way for the newsletter so everyone can read about you and consider you for the position.

Thanks to everyone and have a most spectacular day!
Terri, Event Manager

--
Good friends are like stars. You don't always
see them, but you always know they are there.