[pasmembers] Re: Fwd: astronomy 101 on DVD

  • From: Leah S <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List Serv <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:09:40 -0700

alternatively, if we need to vote on it and some members can't be at the meeting tomorrow, I suggest that we can have a vote by email. we can also do it both ways, i.e. mini-MOM tomorrow night, plus email votes from those who want to vote and can't come.

On 1/18/2017 11:08 AM, Leah S wrote:

if we want to add this to the agenda for the meeting tomorrow night (as a mini-MOM to decide whether PAS should buy the astronomy course while it is on sale), I will be happy to talk about it for a few minutes

On 1/18/2017 11:06 AM, Leah S wrote:

btw  here is a Ted talk by Prof Filippenko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gniDHWq0R_Q

the astronomy part starts at 1:55

On 1/18/2017 10:25 AM, Leah S wrote:

the only thing is, the price I quoted is just till Feb 9. so if PAS wants to get the course for $140 and not $800, we need to decide before then. maybe we can have a mini-MOM on this topic tomorrow night before or after the meeting?

On 1/18/2017 10:06 AM, Mark Johnston wrote:
We had a discussion about if/how to use some of the PAS funds we have in our saving account. I would propose this would be an excellent investment for the club for the educational/handout reason cited by Leah. Perhaps we could add this to the member agenda for a future MOM meeting? We would need to figure out who holds on to it, what the lending mechanism is, consequences to the borrower if lost/damaged etc but I think those can be worked out.

Mark