[pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14

Intellicast, NWS, and cleardarksky are currently showing cloud cover
persisting until around 11 pm.  Even Accuweather has winds at 15 gusting
to 24 through the evening (which I think will rule out big Dobs).

Just BTW, visibility and cloud cover are unrelated.  You can have solid
1500' overcast and great visibility (just not upward!).

-----Original Message-----
From: pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jcollins79@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:13 AM
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Don Boyd
Subject: [pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14

Folks interested in the CTCA Feb 14 event....
I am getting conflicting forecasts on accuweather.... 8 out of 10 for
visibility, but "mostly cloudy" and "some showers" on accuweather's
'astronomy'  tab for Feb 14th....What bothers me is yesterday evening
wind gusts were forecast up to 33mph, today they are still forecast up
to 20mph- we know from experience that the 5th floor garden terrace gets
subatantial wind around sunset (our setup time). Right now, I am
thinking that Tuesday late afternoon shower(s) + clouds will interfere
with solar viewing and wind may be problematic for the evening. I'll
recheck the forecast for change in a few hours. So for now,
SOLAR VIEWING IS CANCELLED, waiting to make a decision on the evening
program depending on forecast in a few hours.


---- Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: 
> Accuweather is now saying rain and possibler showers for Tuesday
during 
> the day, but clearing by 8 pm and then the clouds coming back at
11pm...
> 
> On 2/9/2012 3:37 PM, jcollins79@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > We need to weatherwatch for the CTCA event on Tues Feb 14th it looks
like light rain in Goodyear Mon->Wed, so I will likely reschedule to the
back-up date Feb 28th....If this forecast holds up I will official
cancel/reschedule on Mon/Tues and send an email to RSVP'd PAS folk. I
already tipped off Marisa at CTCA.



Other related posts: