[pasmembers] Re: Ask PAS

  • From: <jcollins79@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 12:58:57 -0400

Leah,
Thanks. I already did a google search and  found a list of active clubs in
California through 'Go Astronomy' and already forwarded Rio Hondo and Los
Angeles Astronomical Societies as possibiliies. What I was really looking for
[and the young man who was asking at the event Sunday night] was a
RECOMMENDATION from our group.

Has anyone on our freelist  been a part of or know of any active astronomy
groups near the L.A. Whittier area they would recommend?  Has anyone in our
group attended the Rio Hondo Astronomical Society or any other astronomy club
or society in southern CA close to L.A. and Whittier, CA? I see there are also
active groups in Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Chatsworth, Costa Mesa and
Riverside. Riverside Astronomical Society might be another good option.

For example, if someone from Phoenix with a new telescope asked, I would
recommend PAS because of the telescope workshops even though EVAC, DFAC or SAC
might be other good choices.

Again Thanks
-Joe C.

P.S. List of active astronomy clubs in CA:
http://www.go-astronomy.com/astro-clubs-state.php?State=CA