[oxfordgamers] Re: Suing the internet backbone providers?

> Same goes for music.  What these peons on the
> internet are forgetting is a moral
> sense of honesty.  Forget this business of
> sugar-coating the facts, if you rip
> the songs off of a cd and share them on the
> internet, and the recipient keeps
> the songs, you have broken the law.  Simple and to
> the point.

That's not really true, your example isn't correct
because the Mp3 people aren't selling the music. if i
let 10 different people borrow my cd i'm not breaking
copyright, without the intent to sell, there's no
breaking of the copyright law. it's simply exchanging
information.
It's also interesting that after napster stopped cd
sales went down, with Mp3s and such cd sales go up. so
it's really in the cd companies best interest to allow
file sharing. burnt cd's are no substitute for having
the actual album. file sharing allows people to screen
cd's that they might potentially buy.
also while i'm ranting, it only costs about 5 cents to
produce a cd yet companies still charge more for cd's
than tapes. tapes are more expensive to produce. when
cd's came out they were supposed to a cheaper
alternative to tapes, the companies are making
billions of dollars a year. i have no sypathy for them
losing phantom sales.
ok i'm done for now
dave

=====
"If we do not find anything very pleasant
 at least we shall find something new"
                                 Voltaire

http://finance.yahoo.com