[oxfordgamers] Re: Starship Troopers-The Motion Picture: Birth of a Classic

        >. They tried to secure re-make rights to "Them!" for a while, but
they were locked up tight as a drum.

Hopefully that drum will stay tight.  I absolutely love "Them!" and doubt
anyone could recapture the allure.

        >    With the mad Swede on board, our gang brought in one of the
Robocop scripters, Ed Neumeier to write up thier fever dream. Bugs! Big
>bugs! All kinds! Mutants of some kind! Destroying cities!

I also loved "Eight Legged Freaks".  I'm thinking this is the movie they
wanted to make.  While I enjoyed the movie they did end up making, the sad
part is that now we'll probably never see a well done version of the book.

        >    They are making a direct-to-video sequel, you know.

"Rico's Roughnecks" isn't it?  Or was that the direct to video animated
movie that as far as I can tell was buried out of mercy.