[oxfordgamers] Sanson Comics Arms Summit

My proposal:

What I'd like to see would be character guidelines, for each major
archetype of Super-hero. Mainly at the Cape & Mask level, since that's
where there seems to be the most variance. (The Pulps all have DR
somewhere around 3-7, between Armour and advantages, and none of them
seem able to do more than 3d damage with a single blow, psychotic
flurries of 6 shots aside, and the Cosmics are all set up to have their
own off-the scale specialties).

In each archetype, there'd be average damage, move, number of attacks,
and dodge scores.

Samples:
Martial Artist
Move 8-11
Dodge 9-13
Damage 2d-5d
DR 0-10
Attacks 2-4

Energy Projector (Flier)
Move 10+
Dodge 8-10 (remembering that flyers get +2 to dodge while flying)
Damage 4d-8d
DR 10-20
Attacks 1-2

Brick
Move 6-8
Dodge 6-8
Damage 4d-9d
DR 20-30
Attacks 1

These numbers are wholy fictional, but just to serve as a sample. Now,
with something like this in place, when designing, say, my armoured
Goblin suit, I could look at it and say "Hmm, he's somewhere between a
Brick and a flyer in concept. So, if I can do around 7d of damage with
my fireballs, and have a DR of around 25, then I'll be more heavilly
armoured than most energy projectors, but not quite a tank that say,
Titan is. My suit is super-strong, so if it's doing 5d with a punch,
then that's reasonable super-strength, without Super-Strength being
it's "thing."

Does this sound reasonable to everyone? This would also help prevent a
repeat of the Porcupine incident of "I assumed another battlesuit guy
would have around the same DR that I did."

=====
I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of
Hanukkah.
- George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C.,
Dec. 10, 2001
Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
http://www.bladebrothers.com

http://calendar.yahoo.com