[oxfordgamers] Re: Project: The Original Super Man

Chad is going for Action Comics #1.  Forget Smallville, it's a good show and
all but it doesn't follow the original comic books any more than X-Men the
movie follows the Uncanny X-Men comics.

Superman's flight power was originally explained as a controlled leap
(that's where the Leaping Tall Buildings thing comes from) due to the
difference in gravity between Krypton and Earth.  So Super Jump is
appropriate.  The Max Fleisher Superman cartoons did an excellent job of
making Superman's flight feel like some kind of mix between leaping and
flight, which is what the comic book evolved into.