[oxfordgamers] News from Chaosium

Part of their newsletter reprinted below

-w

***
Our d20  plans & the fate of BRP (one last time)

While we've tried to make it clear in the past that Chaosium is not abandoning
our classic Call of Cthulhu line, we're still (as of May 17th) getting email
from upset cultists who think we're switching entirely to d20. So it bears
repeating: Chaosium will continue to support our Basic Role Playing Call of
Cthulhu & Stormbringer lines. While some of our future releases will be dual
stat releases (including BRP & d20 material), we will continue to print BRP only
releases as well. We've been publishing BRP system books for over 20 years, and
with your support, will do so for the next 20 years as well.

So why are we printing ANYTHING using the d20 system?  Because there are
thousands of gamers out there we'd like to introduce to our game lines, who
might not look at our books otherwise. We want and need those extra sales, and
those new Chaosium gamers, so we can continue printing Books and Games for
another 26 years. So we hope most of you will see this as an opportunity to find
more Chaosium players, and ensure we can keep printing the books you want.