[oxfordgamers] Re: Mutants & Masterminds? Yes.

  When can we expect the first Unicorn - Sanson cross over?
                        John

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Aaron Einhorn wrote:

> So, the game was played, and I think fun was had by all. Evil was
> vanquished (quite literally, the PCs sent it to another dimension), the
> heroes were welcomed with open arms by the Freedom League, and every
> character got to wail on someone quite effectively.
>
> Observations? Well, the system is almost too simple. Some of the more
> complex combat effects weren't easily figured out. Speedsters are VERY,
> VERY fast, and can't be caught up with most times. Bricks are VERY,
> VERY strong, and can lift insane amounts.
>
> Ultimately it's certainly not worth scrapping GURPS for, but it's a
> worthy game to play alongside it. And so, a new comics universe is
> born: Unicorn Comics.
>
> Unicorn Comics publishes a handful of titles, including Freedom League
> (ongoing for several years), Freedom League: Central (first issue just
> released), Captain Swift, Protonik, The Misfitz, with Freedom League:
> West in the previews.
>
> I'll be putting up background information soon, and a web page devoted
> to the game, as well as a recap of "Major League," which was the first
> 3 issues of Freedom League: Central. (Unlike Sanson comics which
> release novella sized stories in one issue, Unicorn comics releases
> regular 28 page comics, so each adventure will be multiple issues of
> the comic.)
>
> =====
> I guess I can see how if you were a salamander Amphibian-American would be a
> step up, but it seems to me you should call a toad a toad.
> -Kermit the Frog
> Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
> http://www.bladebrothers.com

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

The image of myself which I try to create in my own mind in order that I
may love myself is very different from the image which I try to create in
the minds of others that they may love me..

                        W. H. Auden(1907-1973)