[oxfordgamers] Re: More Nightcrawler stuff

  I agree that the book says that, no question there, but I don't agree
with the interpretation that leads to that.
  Cannot Kill is only that strong. The more recent Comic Book Batman has
Cannot Kill. This doesn't care about guilty or innocent, it only cares
about living and dead. He prefers that no harm comes to innocents, but
there are instances where he has done mean things to nice people because
he felt the end was worthy of the means.
  Cannot Harm Innocents, as Steve points out, doesn't mention the guilty
at all. By implication, you may be fine with miaming, torturing or killing
the guilty, just not the innocent.
  To me, while there is a teeny bit of overlap, they are seperate enough
that I disagree with the ruling in the book.
                        John

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Aaron Einhorn wrote:

> --- Steve Mollett <sansonandrea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You say cannon kill and cannot harm innocents overlap and you can't
> > take them both. Why? You may not be able to harm an innocent, so why
> > should that keep you from killing a bad guy?
>
> Because in Compedium I, on p. 86, under the description of Cannot Harm
> Innocents it says "Cannot Harm Innocents is a type of Pacifism
> especially appropriate for crimefighters, superheroes and so on. This
> is a "subset" or weaker form of Cannot Kill; you cannot take both."
>
> This is why I say you can't take them both. :)
>
> I'll actually agree that they both prevent you from doing different
> things. But I think that they overlap to the extent that taking both is
> meaningless. Take "Cannot Kill" if you can't kill, ever. The "Cannot
> Harm Innocents" part becomes a side effect of that. It's not worth an
> additional 10 points if you already have "Cannot Kill."
>
> Aaron
>
> =====
> I guess I can see how if you were a salamander Amphibian-American would be a
> step up, but it seems to me you should call a toad a toad.
> -Kermit the Frog
> Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
> http://www.bladebrothers.com

> http://calendar.yahoo.com