[oxfordgamers] Re: Im like that guy from "The Sentinel"

  I thought you were at Origins today.
                        John

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Aaron Einhorn wrote:

> And I count you two among my friends, why? :)
>
> I really hated that show.
>
> Aaron
>
> --- jonn baca <feedge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Aaron looks kind of
> > > like the side kick guy from the Sentinel, and you
> > > have him hanging around
> > > all the time.
> >
> > Maybe your'e right! Man, that's the funniest thing
> > I've heard all day, he does kinda look like him.
>
> =====
> I guess I can see how if you were a salamander Amphibian-American would be a
> step up, but it seems to me you should call a toad a toad.
> -Kermit the Frog
> Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
> http://www.bladebrothers.com

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

The Unknown Citizen

(To JS/07/M/378
This Marble Monument
Is Erected by the State)

He was found by the Bureau of Statistics to be
One against whom there was no official complaint,
And all the reports on his conduct agree
That, in the modern sense of an old fashioned word, he was a saint,
For in everything he did he served the Greater Community.
Except for the War till the day he retired
He worked in a factory and never got fired,
But satisfied his employers, Fudge Motors Inc.
Yet he wasn't a scab or odd in his views,
For his Union reports that he paid his dues,
(Our report on his Union shows it was sound)
And our Social Psycology workers found
That he was popular with his mates and liked a drink.
The Press were convinced that he bought a paper every day
And that his reactions to advertisements were normal in every way.
Policies taken out in his name prove that he was fully insured,
And his health-card shows he was once in hospital but left cured.
Both Producers Research and High-Grade Living declare
He was fully sensible to the advantages of the Installment Plan
And he had everything necessary to the Modern Man,
A phonograph, a radio, a car and a frigidare.
Our researchers into Public Opinion are content
That he held the proper opinions for the time of year;
When there was peace, he was for peace; when there was war, he went.
He was married and added five children to the population,
Which our Eugenist says was the right number for a parent of his
  generation,
And our teachers report that he never interfered with their education.
Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

                        W. H. Auden(1907-1973)