[oxfordgamers] Re: Fun with PCs

Again, the original Atom was Al Pratt. Who would be very much like you
described. Heck, I'd wager that you could do him pre-powers as a 250
point pulp. I'm fairly certain he never developed an energy blast, but
I could be wrong.

Starman, actually, shouldn't be too bad. Remember the bonuses that the
rod will give you as a device. It is definately Breakable (-15%), it's
probably at about a -4 to be hit (-15%), and it can be stolen by a
contest of ST (like a Handgun can, -15%). That gives you a total of
-45% to the power set of the Rod, whereas I assume that the GL ring
only had the limitation of Unique -25%, since it's unbreakable.
Possible another -10% for can be taken by stelath or trickery.

Also, the Rod is much more limited in what it can do than GL's ring.
You've got Flight, Superflight, an Energy Blast, a Force Field (DR),
and possibly TK.

I don't have Psionics with me today, but I'd be willing to wager that I
could do Starman on 500 points.

--- "Bolenbaugh, Tom" <TBolenbaugh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That should be easy.
>
>       For the original Ray Palmer, all you need is a short guy with really
> good wrestling skills.  Although not as good as Wildcat's skills
> (hey,
> Wildcat taught wrestling to Batman).  Ray later got super strength
> and DR,
> although I don't think he reached Hourman's level, and at one point I
> think
> even had an energy blast.
>
>       Now if you try Starman you'll run into some of the same problems you
> have with Green Lantern.  In base powers they are very similar, the
> GL ring
> can do more than the gravity and cosmic rods, but the everyday power
> sets are almost the same.

=====
I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of
Hanukkah.
- George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C.,
Dec. 10, 2001
Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
http://www.bladebrothers.com

http://calendar.yahoo.com