[oxfordgamers] Re: Fun with PCs

Hmmm. Actually, I just realized that the Rod is even cheaper than I
originally thought. Rather than buying Telekinesis with TK being a
single skill (4 pts/lvl rather than 5 pts/lvl), and buying Flight and
Super Flight, it could be created buying TK at the full level with
Levitation as a skill. With the Rods' power, there'd be plenty left of
power behind the Levitation. For that matter, if the effective ST is
high enough, you wouldn't need an energy blast, since you could just TK
"punch" for the same effect. The only thing that becomes neccessary is
the DR (since PK Shield is annoyingly expensive, limited against
energy, and requires ESP).

The difference of the environmental immunities boosts the Ring even
more. But I still think it's doable as a cosmic.

Aaron
--- "Bolenbaugh, Tom" <TBolenbaugh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Solid Energy Forms were mostly a special effect for a TK-like
> power.
> The Rod could do similar things just without the giant green boxing
> glove.
> Also Alan would use this to do things at less direct angles while Ted
> used
> his rod's powers on more of a point-to-point targeting system, but
> again
> this is more of a special effect.  The rod probably had more of a
> levitation
> power than a TK power.
>
> I just remembered another big cost to the ring, several of his powers
> had
> area affect enhancements, including his environmental independence
> abilities.  That boosts the cost a lot.
>
> Alan getting stuck without his ring?  Gee, I remember that when I
> played
> him.  It sucked.

=====
I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of
Hanukkah.
- George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C.,
Dec. 10, 2001
Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
http://www.bladebrothers.com

http://calendar.yahoo.com