[oxfordgamers] Re: Fun with PCs

The Solid Energy Forms were mostly a special effect for a TK-like power.
The Rod could do similar things just without the giant green boxing glove.
Also Alan would use this to do things at less direct angles while Ted used
his rod's powers on more of a point-to-point targeting system, but again
this is more of a special effect.  The rod probably had more of a levitation
power than a TK power.

I just remembered another big cost to the ring, several of his powers had
area affect enhancements, including his environmental independence
abilities.  That boosts the cost a lot.

Alan getting stuck without his ring?  Gee, I remember that when I played
him.  It sucked.