From: oxfordgamers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oxfordgamers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 3:13 PM
To: oxfordgamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [oxfordgamers] Re: Ennui...

  After they get done with #15, will there also be a committee formed to
teach him how to be a guy?
                        John

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Aaron Einhorn wrote:

> The scary thing is that some of those ideas don't seem too far-fetched.
> I probably would make tons of figures, eventually.
>
> #11 Sounds really good actually. :)
> #14 is a given.
> #15 is an excellent idea.
> #16 - Bring it on! Only you need to run those games. And Spirits is
> cooler than Voodoo.
> #17 Undoubtedly
>
> --- "Bolenbaugh, Tom" <TBolenbaugh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >     >And the list has been oh-so-active today to keep things
> > interesting.
> >

> > Well I submit that we make a few changes around here.
> >
> > 1) We should convert all the Sansoniverse characters to the Amber
> > diceless
> > system, except for the Pulps who would be better suited with the old
> > Boot
> > Hill rules from TSR.  But we'll need a second copy of each for
> > cross-over
> > adventures and we should use Harnmaster for those characters.
> >
> > 2) The Sansoniverse should be renamed the
> >
> Sansontednicochadaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezanderdav
> eda
> > noverse.  This will better represent the communal nature of the world
> > and
> > the diversity found within it.  Ted should change every entry on the
> > website
> > to read

"Sansontednicochadaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezanderdaved
> > anoverse Character (Insert Name)".
> >
> > 3) Ted's site should include a special section paying homage to all
> > the
> > games we've ever played before with a write-up on how those games had
> > an
> > impact on the

Sansontednicochadaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezanderdaveda
> > noverse.
> >
> > 4) Aaron should be making special figs in a variety of poses for each
> > player
> > so that we can more accurately see how the PC is positioned and make
> > use of
> > optional "My arm is here" rules in GURPS (converted to use for Amber,
> > Boot
> > Hill and Harnmaster of course) to more fine tune combat speeds.
> >
> > 5) A new octagonal battlemat should be used until we find a place
> > that will
> > print decagonal maps for us.
> >
> > 6) All players must pass a comprehensive written exam about the
> > history of
> > the

Sansontednicochadchristinaaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezan
> [...]
> >
> > 10) Ted should prepare a dark, brooding, convoluted storyline
> > involving
> > multiple levels of play and interaction, vast story arcs that delve
> > deep
> > into the PC's backgrounds, and absolutely rely on the participation
> > of
> > whomever is least able to game frequently.  If he is unsure of who he
> > should
> > use, Tim will be the default choice.
> >
> > 11) Steve should prepare more adventures that include an obvious red
> > herring
> > that everyone falls for anyway because we just never seem to learn.
> >
> > 12) Brandon will create 20 PC's with detailed backgrounds and
> > complicated
> > powers.  He will roll a D20 prior to every adventure to select which
> > he will
> > play.  The GM will receive no advanced warning of which hero will be
> > used,
> > this will better develop the spontaneous nature of the

Sansontednicochadaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezanderdaveda
> > noverse.
> >
> > 13) Chad will continue to recreate the Flash over and over and over
> > again,
> > tweaking him a little each time.
> >
> > 14) Aaron will create a lot more PC's who use funny voices since we
> > love to
> > hear him do those.
> >
> > 15) Christina, Ashley and Andrea will put Brandon through a rigorous
> > training session on how to be a woman before he plays Electrogirl
> > again.
> > They may not make references to Nico's old Halloween costume in the
> > process.
> >
> > 16) Nico will create more adventure hooks involving Magneto and the
> > Green
> > Goblin that will be introduced as teasers for issues that I'll never
> > actually get around to running.  Meanwhile Nico will continue to talk
> > about
> > how cool the GURPS martial arts and voodoo rules are and how
> > everything in
> > the

Sansontednicochadaaronjohnmikeandreaashleybaccabrandonnewguymikezanderdaveda
> > noverse would be made better if we put these books to use.  Converted
> > over
> > to Amber, Boot Hill and Harnmaster of course.
> >
> > 17) Brandon will continue needing a ride to every game.
> >
> > 18) A memorial page will be put up on Ted's website to The Lost
> > Gamer.  The
> > portrait will be of a person in shadow with long frizzy hair.  A MIDI
> > playing 80's power ballads will be playing in the background.  The
> > logo for
> > Ted's Star Wars game will be displayed with a black border and the
> > words "We
> > Shall Never Forget" written beneath it.
> >

> =====
> I guess I can see how if you were a salamander Amphibian-American would be
a step up, but it seems to me you should call a toad a toad.
> -Kermit the Frog
> Check out the Blade Brothers Home Page!
> http://www.bladebrothers.com

> http://calendar.yahoo.com

`Whom are you?' he asked, for he had attended business college.

                        George Ade(1866-1944)