[oxfordgamers] Electronic Distribution

Electronic Distribution has a problem that scares many gamer publishers
(and I have talked to many of them through my contacts on gamingoutpost.com
and rpg.net), it's too easy to share and copy.

With a book, someone has to invest a great deal of time to copy a book.
With a CD-ROM, it takes 5 minutes with any CD burner.  Because of
inadequate copy controls, many publishers are shying from it.  That does
not mean that some companies are not doing well, because in fact, I know of
several who are.  But they are small companies that don't plan to reach the
size of SJ Games or WotC.

Electronic book readers aren't a commodity, yet.  Etc, etc...there are a
host of other problems they usually quote.

-w