[oxfordgamers] Re: DR and Armor Piercing

  Even though I like to see the sheets as part of the adventure design, I
think it is the player's responsibility to keep track of things like this,
not the GM's. For some of the newer players, or for those without access
to the books, that means that whomever helps them put together the
character needs to both point this out and put a note about it in a
prominent place on the character sheet.
                        John

On Fri, 30 May 2003 CWilson@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> One of the things I believe that we need to remember is the armor piercing
> nature of some attacks.  Lasers have more armor piercing capability than a
> bullet, and that is in the rules.  I believe lasers ignore half armor, or
> something like that.  Zero Man's energy sword makes his victim's armor only
> 1/10th as protective, thus ignoring 90% of a person's DR.
>
> If we GMs pay more attention to some of these details that have already
> existed, then DR is not that all-powerful-protective.
>
> -w

It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.

                        Alfred Adler(1870-1937)