[overture] Re: how to properly convert an hyperbolic mapping to a nurbsMapping

Hi Joel,
   The NurbsMapping probably doesn't like the sharp trailing edge.
Have you tried to reduce the order of the NurbsMapping? One option
would be to round off the trailing edge.

...Bill

Joel Guerrero wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to convert an hyperbolic mapping to a nurbsMapping.  First, I'm
generating an airfoil by using the spline mapping, then I'm generating an
hyperbolic mapping, and in order to use this mapping in parallel, I have to
convert it to a nurbsMapping (according to a previous discussion).  And here is
where I'm having problems, I have been playing around with a lot of options but
basically I haven't been able to fix the resulting mapping.  The resulting
mapping is extremely twisted close to the trailing edge (negative volumes and
skew cells), any suggestion how can I fix this problem or how to generate an
airfoil ready to use in parallel??

King regards,

Joel