[overture] Re: Parallel Moving Grid Memory Usage

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:42:09 -0700

Hi Kyle,
  I believe that I have tracked down and fixed the source of the
memory leak that you are seeing for parallel moving grids.
I will send you some updated files in a separate email.

  FYI, you can track memory usage while cgins is running
by using the option "turn on memory checking" -- cgins
will then print whenever the memory usage has increased.

...Bill

On 06/15/2012 11:05 AM, Kyle Hord wrote:
Dr. Henshaw,
Thanks for looking into the problem. The memory used usually accumulates over time. The values I gave were after the cgins had run to a time of 2.5 and completed the simulation. (Values taken from the finish output) At the beginning of the simulations the memory used was always reasonable, but the slow accumulation due to the possible leak at away at the server's memory.
Trying a newer version sounds great, always worth a shot. I believer we are
using mpich2 version 1.4 on two of the servers, not sure about the third.
Thanks
Kyle