[overture] Hole in the interior of a domain upon interpolation.

  • From: HH <hubpoub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 10:01:00 +0100

Hi,

I have an issue with converting a hdf file. A picture of the original mesh is in the file original.png. At x=0, there is a folding of the ghost lines back into the interior of the domain (the ghost points have positive x values rather than negative).

Besides, I developped a code which allows the x=0 axis to be a symmetry axis : it changes the coordinates of the the ghost points to perfectly symmetrical coordinates (for instance: mg0.vertex()(-1,Ib2,0,0)=-mg0.vertex()(1,Ib2,0,0) and mg0.vertex()(-1,Ib2,0,1)= mg0.vertex()(1,Ib2,0,1) ). In order to make those transformations, I read the hdf file, convert the invidual grids to DataPointMappings and then reconstruct the overlapping grid. This code worked very fine until now for several grids I worked with. But I have issues with this one: it leads to the result.png grids: it has a hole in the interior of the blue grid. In debug mode of ogen, this hole appears when marking all the interpolation points (see interpol.png). I cannot figure out why this happens. I modified my code so that the symmetrical transformation is not made (then my code just read the hdf into DPM and then convert back to overlapping grid without any changes) and I still have this hole. How is it possible that interpolation points appears right in the interior of a domain ?

If needed, I can provide .cmd and my code

Thanx for reading me !

Hub