[overture] Re: Godunov methods on on overlapping grids

  • From: <smallik2@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:18:11 -0600 (CST)

Hi Bill

If i want to implement a finite volume scheme do you think the following
approach is feasible.

1)Take the vertices of the grid as cell centers?

2)On each grid, at the regular pts(non interpolation points,non ghost pts),
solve Riemann problems for all 4 neighbours.

3)Let the interpolate routine do an explicit/ implicit interpolation to fix
values of interpolation points.

Regards
Srinath