From: Craig Lasher <craiglasher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: otc-wt-admin <otc-wt-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm
Subject: [otc-wt-admin] Re: OTC Musical Repertoire

Every OTC ministry has a mission statement based on the OTC mission statement.

The Music team’s mission statement does not include anything about the types of
songs we sing, because our cultural context is explicitly stated in the OTC
constitution (Article II) and it would be redundant to spell that out.  Our
mission statement is focused more on what the team’s purpose is within this
local body, which inherently conforms to the purpose of the local body itself.

I have failed to communicate the mission to the many newer members of the team
and perhaps that has contributed to any confusion you have experienced.  The
statement is not written in stone and certainly can be refined as we see fit.

The statement is as follows and is constructed in a way that points out our
part and God’s part.  We do not just want to lead singing; we want to grow in
the Lord as we lead singing, so we have opportunities every time we get
together to not only refine our gifts, but also to encourage one another to
learn to interact in a way that glorifies God and not ourselves.
The Music Ministry
exists to
minister to, and magnify the Lord
by leading the congregation