[osxthemes] Newbie Question

  • From: Scott and Catherine Hunter <candshunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OSXTHEMES@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:42:10 -0700

I have been unable to access the list's archive, which I had hoped
might answer my beginner's questions, but hopefully someone will be
willing to help me out.

I am an experienced and devoted designer of Kaleidoscope color
schemes, and have so far resisted moving on to OS X because I like
the completeness of the customization of the interface that
Kaleidoscope allows. But now other factors are motivating a change of
priorities and I'm finally planning to buy a new Mac. The model I get
will be determined by how satisfied I will be with OS X themes
(Imight settle for an OS9 bootable G4).

My questions are these: how thoroughly do OS X themes change the
appearance of the OS X interface? Can a designer alter the shape of
document windows, alerts, dialogs, etc.? Can patterns be incorporated
into window designs, menus, etc? What are the best sources of OS X
themes? Is progress cotinuing on cracking the innards of OSX,
allowing wider and deeper modifications as time goes on. or is Apple
making it harder and hardr all the time?

Thanks for your patience, and thanks in advance for any help.

Scott Hunter
--
mailto:candshunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Visit The Woodcarver's Gallery