[OGD] Re: Oncidum ornithorhynchum (syn. sotoanum) in Colombia ? / article needed

> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:11:24 -0500
> From: viateur.boutot@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Oncidum ornithorhynchum in Colombia ? / article needed
>
> Dear OGD colleagues :
> Some references already indicated that the species Oncidium ornithorhynchum
> occurs in Colombia.
>
> Yesterday, I found out the following reference which would mention a
> Colombian distribution for that species [Department of Cundinamarca]:
>
> Jiménez Machorro, R. & E. Hágsater
> 2010            Oncidium ornithorhynchum, una especie mal interpretada y un
> nombre para una vieja especie: Oncidium sotoanum (Orchidaceae)
> Lankesteriana 9 (3): 411-422.

=====

Dear Viateur,

There was an article about the older name for this popular Oncidium
species within the last six or eight months or so which appeared in
either the AOS magazine or in the Orchid Digest.

However, I don't recall if it mentions that the range of the species
includes Colombia.

Good luck with this bit of research.  If you find something concrete,
please let us know.

Best Regards,

Paul Mitchell
Tampa, FL / /Alajuela, Costa Rica