[OGD] AOS Members Meeting

I'm happy to offer a brief report from the AOS Members Meeting that
just concluded in Wilmington, Delaware.  The meetings were held at
the DuPont Hotel and the Trustees met at Longwood Gardens for the
first time since 1946.

Carlo Fighetti is still AOS President.  Elections are now held at the
spring Members Meetings.  Carlos is eligible for one more elected term.

The main thrust of the Trustees business was the completion of the
first formal three year Strategic Plan.  The Trustees have been
meeting over the summer in retreats to develop this plan with the
assistance of facilitator Carl Richardson.  The plan addresses all
aspects of the organization and prioritizes actions over the next
three years.  It will be published soon (Trustees don't yet have a
written copy) on the website and in other venues.  The plan is just
that: a plan that will be modified as necessary over the period.  It
is an important guide to our future.  The volunteer leadership of the
AOS welcomes questions, comments or suggestions related to the plan
and AOS activities.

The committee meetings and social events were well attended and
capped by a fabulous Gala event hosted by Longwood Gardens.  A fine
time was had by all.

Best,

William A. Rhodehamel
AOS Vice President