From: orchidhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:orchidhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John J. Rupp
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:31 PM
To: orchidhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [orchidhelp] Bc. Maikai

I obtained two Bc. Maikai three and a half years ago. Both were in bloom and I have not been able to get them to rebloom. Help!

I assume that they must need more light than standard cattleyas since they have heavy almost semi-terete leaves . I have them in almost full sun and they are growing like weeds. I have in a number of places that Bc. Maikai is a great beginners orchid. What am I missing to get them to bloom?

John

--
Dr. John J. Rupp
Emeritus Professor of Chemistry