[orcad] Odd Behaviour

  • From: Clyde Sprowl <orcadlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orcad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:48:00 -0800 (PST)

Here's a problem I had, and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
While building a new surface mount part in the part manager, I needed a new
padstack .045 x .090. I opened the padstack manager and build the pad as
always. Stored the padstack and returned to my part in the part manager. When I
placed the pad, it came into the part manager rotated 90 degrees. The padstack
name was correct, but the pad was 090 x 045 rather than the 045 x 090 as built.
I eventually solved the problem by opening the padstack library in Layout,
opening the padstack spreadsheet and deleting the offending padstack, and then
recreating the padstack in padstack manager. After that, the pad was correct
when placed in my part in part manager.

Do you Yahoo!?
 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!